Are you looking for a little boost in the mornings before taking on your busy day? Looking for a calorie wise beverage option to align with your 2021 wellness journey goals? Our Matcha Latte recipe was created with our entire community in mind. To no one’s surprise, it is still Winter outside, and there is always a nee The therapeutic properties of hojicha and CBD combine to create the ultimate latte that relaxes your body and mind. Want to pack a greater punch to your morning beverage? Try mixing CBD oil in your coffee. Hemplucid has collected two recipes you can make at home.
CBD Infused Matcha Latte Recipe
Are you looking for a little boost in the mornings before taking on your busy day? Looking for a calorie wise beverage option to align with your 2021 wellness journey goals? Our Matcha Latte recipe was created with our entire community in mind. To no one’s surprise, it is still Winter outside, and there is always a need for a warm, frothy, beverage packed with antioxidants to help you get up and get moving or settle down for the day.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves, traditionally consumed in East Asia. Matcha contains about 140 times more antioxidants than traditional brewed green tea – as the entire leaf is consumed. Traditionally, matcha was consumed as a part of Japanese tea ceremonies for centuries. Fast forward to today, where matcha has become widely known and popular and is enjoyed around the world in tea lattes, smoothies, desserts, snacks and many more.
How is Matcha Prepared?
For this recipe, we pre-purchased our matcha powder from a local retail store. The traditional preparation of matcha is done by sifting a small amount into a small bowl, along with a small amount of water. Using a matcha whisk, smooth the mixture into a paste. Once smooth, add your hot (but not boiling) water. Whisking in an ‘M’ motion can help better froth the mixture to create a nice foam texture
Matcha vs Coffee?
Looking at the two head-to-head, there are many similarities to notice. Both contain minimal calories (Coffee, 2 calories, Matcha, 5 calories) per 8-ounce serving. Additionally, coffee contains around 96 mg per 8-ounce (240-mL) cup, while matcha contains 19–44 mg per gram — equaling 38–88 mg per 2-ounce (60-mL) serving if prepared the standard way. The caffeination of matcha varies regarding the amount of powder, the variety and freshness of the leaves used to make that powder, water temperature and brewing time. The shared benefits outweigh it all, as both are known to help promote weight loss, loaded with cancer-fighting antioxidants, and may protect heart health.
Now that we understand how matcha is prepared, and the benefits of consuming it, let us show you our 5 ingredient, 5-minute matcha latte recipe that is easy to make. It is customizable and super delicious. Did we mention that it can also be prepared vegan?
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total: 5 mins
- 1 ¼ tsp high quality matcha powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or stevia to taste, depending on preference)
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- ¾ cup light coconut milk2
- 3-5 drops of Pūr Dew CBD Oil from Blissco
- Add matcha powder to your mug of choice, along with your sweetener, Pūr Dew CBD oil and hot water.
- Whisk with a bamboo whisk or a metal kitchen whisk until completely dissolved. If you don’t have a whisk, used a spoon or even blend the latte in a blender at the lowest setting.
- Once the matcha is completely dissolved, heat your dairy, or coconut milk if you are selecting the vegan option. Add to a frothing pitcher and steam on an espresso machine. Alternatively, you can heat the mixture up in a microwave or on the stovetop until it is hot and steamy. To get more froth, whisk vigorously.
- Pour dairy or coconut milk into your mug. Taste and add more sweetener as you see fit.
- Enjoy immediately.
This warm, CBD infused, frothy latte is the perfect gentle caffeine boost when you need a little pick-me-up. We are currently enjoying ours, warm in the morning with breakfast. But it can also be made cold over ice if you’re in warmer climates or it’s summertime. If you try this recipe, please let us know!
DISCLAIMER: We are not doctors, psychiatrists or mental health professionals. We are sharing recipes that we enjoy putting our Blissco Pūr Dew CBD Oil in, and that work for us. Please discuss with your primary health care provider first before experimenting with cannabis and or/ CBD (Cannabidiol) oil.
CBD Infused Hojicha Latte
Hojicha is a roasted green tea from Kyoto, Japan. Since it is roasted, hojicha is naturally decaffeinated making it convenient to sip on day or night. The roasting process also removes any bitterness and gives hojicha its signature earthy aroma and reddish-brown color. Hojicha contains L-Theanine and pyrazines, which calm the body.
What is CBD Oil
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a compound produced by the hemp and the cannabis plants. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is non-psychoactive. CBD is often taken to treat sleep and mood disorders, reduce anxiety, or as an anti-inflammatory.
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the hemp or the cannabis plant, and by diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut MCT oil.
Why Hojicha and CBD Oil Make for the Perfect Latte
The therapeutic properties of hojicha and CBD combine to create the ultimate latte that relaxes your body and mind. Make this latte a part of your morning routine for a stress-free day, or sip on a comforting latte before bedtime as you wind down at night.
It’s as easy as adding a few drops of CBD oil to a hojicha latte prepared with your favorite type of milk. Since the naturally sweet hojicha flavor isn’t altered by most MCT based CBD oils, this latte tastes just as good when made sugar-free.
CBD Infused Hojicha Latte Recipe
- 5 grams Hojicha Classic
- 125 ml filtered water
- 1 dropper of CBD oil
- 125 ml any type of milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Add 5 grams of loose leaf hojicha into a teapot of tea infuser.
- Heat filtered water to 90°C (194°F).
- Pour 125 ml warm filtered water over the hojicha in circular motions.
- Let the hojicha steep for 30 seconds, and then remove the tea leaves.
- Add the CBD oil, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional). Stir to combine.
- Heat 125 ml of your favorite type of milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Remove the milk from the heat as soon as steam arises, and whisk or use a milk frother to create foam.
- Pour the foamed milk over the hojicha, and enjoy your latte.
Ready to try the CBD Infused Hojicha Latte? Start by ordering Hojicha Classic loose leaf tea.
How to Make a CBD Cold Brew and Latte
What better way to fuel your endocannabinoid system (ECS) than by sipping your morning cup of coffee with a boost of CBD?
What better way to fuel your endocannabinoid system (ECS) than by sipping your morning cup of coffee with a boost of CBD? Adding CBD into your morning beverage is a simple, easy, and popular way to consume the supplement. If this is your fancy, there are a few vital things to keep in mind to ensure you’re not missing out on the full benefits of CBD. Here are all the details on adding CBD oil to hot drinks including instructions for making a tasty CBD cold brew and iced chocolate latte.
Making Your Own CBD Coffee Beverage—Important Things to Note
You might have seen local cafes in your neighborhood starting to offer CBD coffee and lattes, but why not make them in the comfort of your own home? You’ll save a few bucks, plus, since you probably understand your body and how it reacts to CBD better than anyone else, you’ll have full control over the amount of CBD you add to your daily brew.
If you’re new to the CBD journey, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Not all CBD is the same: While browsing for CBD oil, be sure to conduct thorough research. The time you invest in research can make a huge difference in finding high-quality CBD oil that’s good for your body. High quality means the supplement comes from safe cultivation and extraction methods, and it’s tested for potency and purity in a third-party lab.
- Start small: Just because your friend takes X amount of CBD droplets doesn’t mean you should too. Everyone’s bodies are different and respond uniquely to cannabinoids. So start small with just a few drops. Give your body time to adjust to the supplement and then gradually increase until you find an amount that works best for you..
When it comes to CBD and coffee, don’t heat your CBD. We don’t recommend adding CBD to hot drinks or foods. When CBD heats up, it begins to evaporate, losing its benefits as the compounds break down. Not to mention, it may make your CBD oil taste extra bitter.
Therefore, we advise adding CBD to cool/iced coffee drinks instead. Try these two recipes we’ve rounded up and give your endocannabinoid system the true awakening it deserves.
CBD Cold Brew Recipe
If you like to keep things simple, this CBD cold brew recipe might just be the right beverage for you. And we get it, when you’re rushing to get to work, the last thing you want is extra step to your morning routine. The great thing about cold brew is that you can prepare large batches that can last for days. All you need to do is simply pour it in a cup, add your drops of CBD oil, and you’re good to go.
The following cold brew coffee recipe creates two quarts (or eight cups).
- 8 ounces of whole coffee beans
- 8 cups of filtered water
- Half a cup of cold water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Desired amount of CBD oil (we recommend our Full-Spectrum CBD Water Soluble)
- Coffee grinder
- 2 large airtight jars (mason jars will do)
- 1 large measuring cup
- Fine mesh strainer
- Grind your 8 ounces of whole coffee beans in your grinder until coarse or the size of raw sugar. The coffee grinder won’t be able to hold the full 8 ounces of beans, so you’ll have to grind them in batches.
- Pour the ground coffee into your jar and the 8 cups of filtered water into it.
- Stir the coffee and water together gently until they’re blended. You’ll notice some of the coffee grinds floating to the top; this is fine. You just need to make sure the coffee and water are sufficiently mixed together.
- Put the top on the jar and refrigerate the mixture for 24 hours.
- After refrigerating it, line a mesh strainer with a cheesecloth over a large measuring cup (the cheesecloth should go over the strainer). Slowly pour the coffee blend through the strainer and cheesecloth.
- After straining all the coffee, pour the blend into an airtight jar for storing. Cover the jar and refrigerate.
- When you want to drink your cold brew, fill a glass with 1 cup of ice cubes, add your desired amount of CBD oil, and pour in the cold brew. Stir well, and feel free to add any sugar/creamer to your liking.
Though you can refrigerate and enjoy your cold brew for up to two weeks, we recommend enjoying it for one week, as the quality/flavor will start to degrade after that.
CBD Iced Chocolate Latte Recipe
If you’re looking to take things up a notch, try this rich and delicious CBD iced chocolate latte recipe. It does involve heating contents in a saucepan so take caution and be sure you let your latte fully cool before adding in your CBD oil. This recipe creates one serving.
- 1 cup milk (or substitute)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Desired amount of CBD oil (we recommend our Full-Spectrum CBD Water Soluble)
- To add some other flavors try ground cinnamon, cayenne, or cardamom.
- 1 medium-sized saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon for stirring
- 1 mug
- 1 cup of ice
- Pour your milk, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and sea salt into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Using your wooden spoon, stir the mixture over medium heat until the contents get to a boil.
- Pour the heated mixture into a mug over 1 cup of ice and let the latte mix cool down.
- Add in your desired amount of CBD oil and your optional ground cinnamon, cardamom, or cayenne, and stir. Serve and enjoy!
Stay Educated and Grow With Hemplucid
The CBD industry is growing and becoming more commonplace in our lives, from our coffee to our soaps and even our bath bombs. And as exciting as this is, it’s important to always be cautious and picky about your CBD. You should never have to compromise what you put into your body, so be sure to stay educated.
Here at Hemplucid, we thrive on educating and remaining transparent about our CBD products. If you’re looking for a place to expand your CBD knowledge, start by checking out our Full-Spectrum CBD products and read up on our vision and strategy.
Jason Croxford Aug 11, 2020 Tags: Nutrition
About The Author
With 15 years of marketing experience under his belt, Jason is clearly a powerhouse. Lately, he’s turned that energy toward holistic health and biohacking to maximize his health and lengthen his lifespan. Jason is breathwork-certified and is working towards his 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training cert.